httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 bug? trailing / redirect problem in mod_dir
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 03:07:17 GMT
--On Monday, June 2, 2003 11:23 AM +1000 Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:

> it should honour this configuration and not ignore it, issuing a
> redirect, despite the existence of DocumentRoot/foo/dirname. This is
> how it worked in Apache-1.3 and appears to be broken in Apache-2.0.

Apache 1.3 gives precedent to directories over locations.  I'm not clear how
you reached that conclusion, but I just tested it on 1.3 (and 2.0), and in the
presence of a collision, the directory is returned not the location.

What you might be suspicious of is that 2.0 may invoke the handler associated
with the location and not the default handler.  In 1.3, mod_mime would not run
the SetHandler line if it was a directory - see mod_mime.c:626.  However, in
2.0, the SetHandler enforcement was taken out of mod_mime and placed in
core_override_type in core.c:3222 which *does* act upon a directory.
Therefore, under 2.0, the SetHandler line is enacted, where in 1.3, it was not.

I think the proper thing may be to have core_override_type follow the 1.3
semantics and punt on a directory.  But, I'm not sure.  Thoughts?  -- justin