httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: mod_ssl broken as DSO in HEAD
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:41:33 GMT
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 08:53:43AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> As I said before, post_config gets the process pool, so why doesn't
> pre_config?  That seems like the best solution so far.  However, that means
> that we can't backport the mod_ssl changes to 2.0 or we have to come up
> with another strategy for 2.0.  Oh, well.  -- justin

Isn't the pre-config hook called twice? Thus, you could end up with double
the storage in the process pool.

IMO, we should have a per-module pool. That pool would get destroyed each
time we unload a module. (right before, of course :-)  The pool can then be
passed to both the pre-config and the post-config. Just clear the pool
before you run the pre-config again.

Note that pre-config might also want pass the logging pool. It would be NULL
on the first invocation, and a true pool for the second. Then again: we
might want to allow pre-config to *use* the logging function, but stay out
of the logging pool. Save the logging pool for cmd directives.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/