httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pablo Yaggi <pya...@aulamagna.com.ar>
Subject Re: Worker hungs ..
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:46:14 GMT
Yes, my worker does, because I'm running apache as root (BIG_SECURITY_HOLE) enabled, because
my module drops down to less priveleged user id. So maybe the fact I change the userid (real)
and it never
come back to root is the problem.

About disabling the module, the problem is I have it running in a production server, I know
is risky to use
a development scenario in production, but it is done. Anyway I'll try to set up a diferent
server and check
that, but the problem is that I need some trafic to do so.

I tryed to open one of hunged processes with gdb, but it said Can´t get registers, so I couldn´t
dump the stack, any help ?

Sorry I missed this before, I'm using Linux  version 2.4.21, gcc version 3.2.2, and apache
2.0.46

Pablo