httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: calling ap_get_brigade with nonempty brigade
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:17:17 GMT
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 01:14:01AM -0400, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I sure hope it's not by design, because an unsuspecting content-handler
> author who violates the (undocumented) assumption can segfault the
> server quite by accident.  But if it is by design, *why* isn't there
> at least an assert(APR_BRIGADE_IS_EMPTY...) *anywhere* within the
> httpd-2.0 source tree?

We don't use asserts and to check that assumption all of the time would
be a waste of resources.  But, all of our filters have been written with
that assumption that the incoming brigade is empty.  It should be
treated as an 'out' variable, but C has no way of handling that
semantic.

Doc patches welcomed to make it more explicit.  -- justin