httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Worker hungs ..
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:28:30 GMT
It depends on your operating system.  If you're running Solaris,
try "/usr/proc/bin/pstack pid-of-the-hung process" to get a stack
trace of every thread.  On Linux, you may be able to get some
info with gdb (how well this works depends on kernel, libc, and
gdb versions).  For other OSs, hopefully others can join in with
their debugging advice.

If you can get a good stack trace, please post it to this list.

Thanks,
Brian

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 23:27, Pablo Yaggi wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm running apache2 with the worker module, I start the server and after some time it
is up and running,
> incoming request hungs forever, I mean if I contact the server with a browser it stablish
some kind of connection
> and it hung on waiting for replay.
> 	When it happens I can stop the server in a safe way I have to killall -9 http2.
> 	The extra thing I have in my conf is a module I made that changes the userid and groupid
based on tables, the module
> hooks the translate_hook and the it switches from root to a less privileged id, after
that of course I canĀ“t be root again.