httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/vhosts details.html.en details.html.ko.euc-kr examples.html.en examples.html.ko.euc-kr fd-limits.html.en fd-limi
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 16:14:24 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Even if we don't drop the generated files in the repository (which I won't
> really comment on, other than that Java on FreeBSD isn't very stable - which
> matters because daedalus is on FreeBSD - someone may want to try to generate
> the docs on daedalus itself),

uuh, bad. That was the final intention.

> I think the best overall solution would be to
> alter the CVS mailer script to send ViewCVS URLs to all of the files that
> changed when the entire diff exceeds a certain limit.  Commits that exceed the
> mailing list threshold are dropped and that's not good *ever*.
>
> I imagine some Perl hacker could tweak logaccum.pl to do this
> (/home/cvs/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl).  If not, well, it might be time to rewrite
> logaccum.pl into Python.  =)  -- justin

What about simply splitting the mails automatically at some threshold byte
count (of course, between single diffs)? Would that help? Would it be better
to receive, say, 6 x 100 KB, rather than 1 x 600KB?

nd
--
>>> Muschelflucht-Zusatzeinrichtung.
>> Shell-Escape ist ja noch klar, aber `Zusatzeinrichtung'?
> extension?
Feature.                          -- gefunden in de.org.ccc