httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: fix for ExpiresByType, including dynamic content
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 16:07:50 GMT
* Greg Ames wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
>> * Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>>the attached patch (against 2.0) defers handling of the ExpiresByType
>>>settings to an output filter, so it should correctly add the fields
>>>to a cgi script in the scope of the directive.
>> There's an accompanying feature request in the bug db
>> (<>)
>> Can we partially follow this request and combine your filter with
>> AddOutputFilterByType?
> IMO the two should be separate.  The Rodent's patch should take care of a
> problem that's been around for ages.  For example, in 1.3 ExpiresByType won't
> work as you might expect if a CGI or other handler sets the type to something
> different than the default type.  Fortunately 2.0 gives us a clean way to defer
> this decision until the last possible moment.  We shouldn't confuse the issue by
> introducing new/changed externals at the same time.

Ok, but AddoutputFilterByType semantics are already there. We should really
consider to use ap_add_output_filters_by_type at least (at first?)
internally instead of baking the next redundant (?) piece of code and may
extend the UI later (Though I don't see the point why not making the type
argument in ExpiresByType optional and document the EXPIRATION filter - now
or in 2.1, similar to the server-parsed handler trick).

> [...] weiß jemand zufällig, was der Tag DIV ausgeschrieben bedeutet?
DIVerses. Benannt nach all dem unstrukturierten Zeug, was die Leute da
so reinpacken und dann absolut positionieren ...
                           -- Florian Hartig und Lars Kasper in dciwam

View raw message