httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Who decides what modules go in core release?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 01:28:52 GMT

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Marc M. Adkins wrote:
> I feel like one or both of these modules should be part of the core release
> at some point.  The benefits are great, the code is written in at least one
> case, and there shouldn't be any conflict or breaking of other features.

Back when Dean Gaudet was around these parts, he used to shoot down
proposals like these with some regularity.  The basic argument is that
httpd.conf is a configuration file, not a programming language.  If you
need a programming language to generate your config files, there are many
preprocessors built for that purpose (eg. m4).

Of course, without Dean around, you might be able to sneak this in anyway
;-)

Joshua.