httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject 403's not getting logged?
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 17:36:29 GMT
I'm experiencing a should-not-happen condition in apache 1.3.27, and
wondered if anyone else could verify for me. In the case of a 403
error caused by incorrect directory permissions, there is no error
log entry. If the file is unreadable, the 403 goes in the error log.
But if the directory has bogus permissions, there's no entry.
This is on 1.3.27 I've tested this on 2 servers so far, and it seems
consistent.

Specifically:
Directory is 755, file is 644, everything happy

Directory is 755, file is 600, 403 entry in access log, and a
"permission denied" error in error log.

Directory is 700, file is 644, 403 entry in access log, no entry made in
error log.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New