httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Atli Thorbjornsson" <a...@gangverk.is>
Subject FW: Apache socket question
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 08:38:05 GMT

Hello,
	I use pre_connection to access the socket from Apache and, on certain
requests, hand it off to another process. Only problem is Apache seems to
call shutdown() on sockets once it is done with a request which ultimately
kills the socket. That makes perfect sense but is there anyway I could make
Apache not do it, ie just call close()? Reason being that I want to keep the
socket alive for further interaction with the client in my other process but
not have a whole Apache process hanging around in the meantime.

	Atli Thorbjornsson,
	Software Engineer,
	Gangverk ehf.