httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: mod_dav overhaul
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 22:47:08 GMT
"Sander Striker" <striker@apache.org> writes:

> Let's hope Ben stays interested ;).  Even after he now discovered
> the issue isn't that big for Subversion anymore... :) :) [Hi Ben]

Yeah... I just mentioned this on the Subversion dev list.

Basically, it looks like the emergency memory-usage problem no longer
exists.  There's still a mod_dav leak when doing a depth-1 PROPFIND,
but it's pretty small.  httpd only grows to 22 megs when returning a
directory containing 1000 children.  It used to be *hundreds* of megs.

At the moment, it looks like my time might be better spent trying to
make dav_method_propfind streamy.  At the moment, the svn client times
out (or rather, neon times out) waiting for dav_method_propfind to
have its provider push *all* propdata into a text-buffer.

Ideally, dav_method_propfind could be rewritten to look like
dav_method_report.  The latter function creates an output filter,
passes it to the provider.  The provider then creates a brigade and
spews data streamily over the network.