httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/vhosts details.html.en details.html.ko.euc-kr examples.html.en examples.html.ko.euc-kr fd-limits.html.en fd-limi
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 01:27:46 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Even if we don't drop the generated files in the repository (which I
> won't really comment on, other than that Java on FreeBSD isn't very
> stable - which matters because daedalus is on FreeBSD - someone may want
> to try to generate the docs on daedalus itself), I think the best
> overall solution would be to alter the CVS mailer script to send ViewCVS
> URLs to all of the files that changed when the entire diff exceeds a
> certain limit.  Commits that exceed the mailing list threshold are
> dropped and that's not good *ever*.
>
> I imagine some Perl hacker could tweak logaccum.pl to do this
> (/home/cvs/CVSROOT/log_accum.pl).  If not, well, it might be time to
> rewrite logaccum.pl into Python.  =)  -- justin

I just submitted a patch for log_accum.pl to infrastructure@, which does
exactly this.

Resulting mail msg exceeds predefined size limit -> ViewCVS URLs
Resulting mail msg doesn't exceed predefined size limit -> full-featured
diff as normal

No dropped commit mails, all fine :)

Cheers,
Erik

BTW, AFAICT somebody recently had the same problem on Xerces-C, so this
is not only an issue with our we-store-all-and-everything docs tree :-)