httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Knight <Christopher.D.Kni...@nasa.gov>
Subject automatic type identification (by extension) in virtual DAV repositories
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 00:15:13 GMT
So, Catacomb and other mod_dav backends that handle GET requests would
like to have the Content-Type of resources be automatically identified
based on the path information of that resource in the same manner as
file resources.

How would I best approach this problem? It appears that the mod_dav.c
hooks are defined as MIDDLE as is the mod_mime.c hooks...Should I force
a specific ordering of execution? Only other problem is find_ct in
mod_mime.c wants to see the finfo structure which doesn't apply to
virtual resources.

I can't call find_ct directly, nor can I get at the mime_dir_config
information to map the extension back to a Content-Type. Ideas?

It seems to me that the mime_dir_config information should be made
public or at least some methods for converting extension to Content-Type
(and visa-versa?)