httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Is it a subrequest, a redirect or a fast redirect?
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 21:14:53 GMT
mod_expires (with my latest patch ) is still broken.  The expires header
will not be added when the resource is resolved via a DirectoryIndex
(ie, a fast redirect) . mod_expires will not add the expires filter to
what it believes to be a subrequest and a simple check of (r->main !=
NULL) is not granular enough to tell of a request is a subrequest or a
redirect/fast-redirect.   I am not about to suggest that redirects
should inherit the filter stack of the main request :-). An alternate
solution is to add a flag to request_rec (or some other indicator) that
a module can check to determine if a request is a true subrequest or a
redirect (fast or normal).   Perhaps set the flag in make_sub_req based
on the 'next_filter' argument.  Any other ideas?

Bill