httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: How to attach user data to request_rec structure?
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 13:21:47 GMT
Nedelcho Stanev wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to pass some data between modules, functions etc.
>At all i want to write some flag or string for way of authentication
>in authentication callback on my module and to get this data
>latter in handler functions.
>Does any know way to do  this with apache 2.0 ?
>
>decho

Check out these examples from mod_cache:

 ap_set_module_config(r->request_config, &cache_module, cache);
 conf = (cache_server_conf *)
ap_get_module_config(r->server->module_config, &cache_module);

'cache' happens to be a pointer to a struct of type cache_server_conf.
You can make it anything you want in your module.

Bill