httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Tagged the tree
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 01:19:25 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 03:40:36PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>>Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>time to disagree with myself...  starting to see a performance
>>regression w.r.t. 2.0.45 on AIX with simple static file serving...
>>degradation is on the order of 2-3%
>

> I wouldn't hold up a release for that...

The point is not WE CAN'T HAVE A RELEASE

The point is

- something is potentially messed up

- is anybody else seeing this?

- I'm still investigating

- if the cause is found and it is not working as desired, it can be
fixed before the release

The degradation could be some extra checks that are desired, it could be
due to paging activity related to a storage leak, who knows...