httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_request.c
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 20:54:31 GMT
André Malo wrote:
>>>Consider a redirect from an .shtml document that had the INCLUDES
>>>filter inserted, over to an .html document.  It seems this patch leaves
>>>the INCLUDES filter on a document that the admin did not configure
>>>for SSI.
>>
>>"redirect from an .shtml document that had the INCLUDES filter inserted"
>>
>>How does the redirect happen?  I know how to redirect a subrequest
>>invoked by the .shtml document, but I don't know how to redirect the
>>.shtml document itself unless you mean with a config directive that
>>takes effect before the .shtml document starts getting parsed.
>

> mod_rewrite in directory context should do. The redirect will be issued by
> mod_rewrite's redirect-handler (i.e. after insert_filter and type_checker)

(still looking for a testcase)

Here's a testcase that fails with or without the problematic patch:

<Location /redirtest4.shtml>
Options +Includes
SetOutputFilter Includes
</Location>
Alias /redirtest4.shtml /home/trawick/apacheinst/htdocs/redirtest4.html

redirtest4.shtml:
you should not see this output from redirtest4.shtml

redirtest4.html:
redirtest4.html
you should see an SSI tag, not an error from it not working
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/redirtest4-does-not-exist.cgi" -->

Heres a testcase that works with or without the problematic patch:

<Location /redirtest5.shtml>
Options +Includes
SetOutputFilter Includes
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /home/trawick/apacheinst/htdocs
RewriteRule redirtest5\.shtml$ /redirtest5.html
</Location>

redirtest5.shtml:
you should not see this output from redirtest5.shtml

redirtest5.html:
redirtest5.html
you should see an SSI tag, not an error from it not working
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/redirtest5-does-not-exist.cgi" -->

Where's a real live testcase that fails with Andre''s patch and works
without it?  (The scenario in the PMR is the testcase that works with
Andre''s patch and fails without it.)