httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_request.c
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 15:17:59 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>It seems this code should be changed ONLY for fast internal redirects,
>if at all.  We strip back to the protocol filters on redirect because the
>body/content filters applied to the original request may be very bad for
>the redirected request.
>
>I guess I'm whining that this is the sort of binary-compatible change
>that can really, really break 3rd party modules within the 2.0 cycle.
>It seemed better left on the httpd-2.1 branch with a warning to our
>module authors that this behavior is changing, and you better be
>prepared to reinsert your filters on every redirected request (as they
>are already doing for their modules that work.)
>
>Consider a redirect from an .shtml document that had the INCLUDES
>filter inserted, over to an .html document.  It seems this patch leaves
>the INCLUDES filter on a document that the admin did not configure
>for SSI.
>
>Bill

I'm listening and vaguely appreciate your concern (give me a hard
failure case with the patch). But....
How do we fix the problem reported by PR 17629?  It appears quite
serious to me. Seems the patch only affects redirected 'subrequests'
unless I am mistaken. And I would think that all the request filters
should apply to the subrequests in that case.

Bill