httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: FW: help - Apche 2.0 - Unix
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 03:43:35 GMT
Guntupalli, Santhi wrote:
> Hello,
>         I have not got any reply for my problem that I mentioned below.
> I am not getting any logic or I am doing any mistake in
> configuration/build. I am building the Apache 2.0 with the following
> options - to enable DSO Support and MPM is worker and then I will
> install it.
>
> CC="cc" \
> ./configure --enable-so --with-mpm=worker
>
> These two are enough?? or anything else I have to give.
>
> And also I build Apache with "cc" compiler and My application/module is
> written in C++ code and  I build with "KCC" Compiler. Because use of
> different compilers for Apache and my application is creating this
> problem. When I load my library then Apache hangs and fails at the
> following point. I am anxiously waiting for help, please anybody can
> help me out in this regard, Anybody faced this type of problem before. I
> am very grateful if I get any reply.

why don't test_handler() and register_hooks() have C linkage?  they're
called by Apache...

try to build (or at least link) Apache with the same "KCC" that you
build your module with

on Tru64 does a program (e.g., httpd) have to link with C++ RTL in order
to dlopen() C++ code?

try a different compiler for your module?

try to duplicate the problem with a simple test case and send it to the
vendor???

find some mailing list or newsgroup where Tru64 or KCC gurus hang out
and ask there?

good luck!