httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Sheparding patches was Re: Volunteering to be RM
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 15:10:11 GMT
--On Friday, May 23, 2003 7:38 PM +1000 Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:

> Sander, you have asked if there are any objections. I've posted the
> information about an existing problem. Nobody has followed up on this
> report, though everybody seems to be happy to proceed with a new release,
> rolling a new tag. Can somebody please explain why? Is it because I haven't
> logged this issue into a STATUS file, haven't submitted it to the bug
> database, or just because I don't have enough httpd-dev karma to make any
> difference?

In this particular case, my attitude is that since you have commit access, the
responsibility is upon you to produce patches that fix the problem and
shepherd them through the release process.  Please don't expect anyone else to
fix your problems.

I've suggested what approach I think you should take and I pointed out places
where your original patch was incorrect/inefficient, but you haven't come back
with a patch that implements it.  That should have been the next step in the
process.  After the patch gets some positive feedback on the list, you could
then have committed it to 2.1.  Then, you could have proposed it to be
backported to 2.0.

And, as Sander has pointed out, this isn't a regression from prior releases.
Therefore, we won't necessarily hold up a release for it.  -- justin