httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: PATCH - Uninitialized Variables
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 07:03:33 GMT
--On Friday, May 16, 2003 1:44 AM -0500 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> The reason folks are confused about -why- this is a bug, is that we really
> need to reset these on each call to ssl_io_filter_output.  Reason is simple,
> ssl output may be both read and write, however we must block on read
> when this involves a blocking write through ssl_io_filter_output (ssl needs
> a chance to completely handshake the required data.)

Ah, yes, that explains it.

> My gut reaction is that they are paired so we should tie them together
> as a single filter_ctx_t shared by the input and output filters. Thoughts?

I assume you mean joining the bio_filter_in/out_ctx_t's as we already have a
unified ssl_filter_ctx_t (filter_ctx in both bio_filter_in and
bio_filter_out).  ISTR, we tried this (unified bio ctx_t) once before and it
got really complicated to understand what was what.  My thought is to keep
them split and add the reciprocal pointers and ensure that the output BIO
filter always (re)sets the input BIO to blocking.

That should make it obvious what we're trying to do.  -- justin