httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Release from the 2.1-dev branch?
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 06:11:44 GMT
--On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:23 PM -0700 Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org>
wrote:

> Is anyone interested in seeing a release from the dev branch? I suspect
> there are some users out there who would like to get their hands dirty,
> and would be happy to give us their feedback.

+1 - it's been a ridiculously long time since we've released HEAD.  The only
thought that I would make is that we should place 2.1 releases in
/dist/httpd/unstable/ or something to make it clear that it's not the same
'expected' quality as 2.0.

AIUI, the 2.1 branch is under the 'release often and version numbers are cheap
and you get whatever is there so don't complain' versioning rules.  My type of
versioning rules.  =)  -- justin