httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/vhosts details.html.en details.html.ko.euc-kr examples.html.en examples.html.ko.euc-kr fd-limits.html.en fd-limi
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 11:05:12 GMT
* Astrid Ke?ler (kess@kess-net.de) wrote :
> >> Hmmmmm, sorry.
> >> I'd see some alternatives
> >> - split the commit (e.g. by language)
> >> - create a new docs-cvs-mailinglist
> >> - drop the generated files and build the stuff online and for every release
> >> (RM job, resp. the tarball roller's) - would need some MBs of Java stuff
> >> installed everywhere
> >> - ?
> >>
> > I'd go with dropping the generated files out of CVS altogether - I don't see
> > that there's much reason to keep them there, and a teeny wodge of java is
> > not exactly an odious proposition for most of us these days I'd think?
> > Cheers
> > -Thom
>
> Don't drop them. It's usefull to know, whether they are up to date or
> not. But we do not need the commit mails. Only those mails need to be
> omitted. This should be possible.

I don't quite follow this I'm afraid - it's useful to know *where*? because
surely we can just have a check out and rebuild procedure on daedalus and
where ever else needs to have those files.
I don't get why having this stuff in cvs actually helps us at all - we're
not making any changes to it directly, so it doesn't need to be under change
management. Same as the configure scripts, and all the other generated code.
Cheers
-Thom