httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: gdb
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 08:40:22 GMT
On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:47:24PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> >FWIW, I use Mandrake 9.0 with updated gdb-5.3, gcc-3.2, glibc-2.3.1, and
> >it's possible to debug threaded mpms. Make sure that you run as few
> >threads as possible.
>
> Some more data:
>
> I took the plunge with RH 9 today.  If I start worker under gdb with
> -DONE_PROCESS, I can set breakpoints and hit them at the right time.
> That's certainly valuable.
>
> If as root I attempt to attach to an existing worker child process with
> gdb, I get error after error and have to kill the gdb session from
> another terminal.

With EPERM errors?  The inability to quit gdb is clearly a gdb bug, but
the EPERM is because the recent kernel ptrace security fix was buggy,
and prevents ptrace()ing any process which has called setuid().  That
affects any MPM, and I think it's being fixed.

> As normal user I can attach to an existing worker child process, but
> when a breakpoint hits gdb segfaults.

Can you file this in bugzilla.redhat.com?

Regards,

joe