httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Guntupalli, Santhi" <santhi.guntupa...@digital.com>
Subject FW: help - Apche 2.0 - Unix
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 12:02:17 GMT

Thanks,
GS

-----Original Message-----
From: Guntupalli, Santhi
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 6:13 PM
To: 'dev@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: help - Apche 2.0 - Unix

Hello,
	Thanks for your response. I had debugged the code. This is the point
where it is failing. this backtrace is at procsup.c.

(gdb) bt
#0  apr_proc_detach (daemonize=1074511840) at procsup.c:57
#1  0x00000001200525dc in worker_pre_config (pconf=0x140068028,
    plog=0x1400b0828, ptemp=0x1400b5828) at worker.c:1900
#2  0x0000000120068038 in ap_run_pre_config (pconf=0x140068028,
    plog=0x1400b0828, ptemp=0x1400b5828) at config.c:123
#3  0x0000000120054f98 in main (argc=7, argv=0x11ffff208) at main.c:615

after this daemonize=1 and going inside the if(daemonize) this condition,
after this fork() is being called and fails inside this if condition, this
is the error I am getting this

program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding
warning: enclosing function for address 0x3ff80dd74b0
0x000003ff80dd74b0 in ?? ()

when I give backtrace here this is the trace.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000003ff80dd74b0 in ?? ()
#1  0x000003ff80176d68 in __do_atfork () from /usr/shlib/libc.so
#2  0x000003ff80176d68 in __do_atfork () from /usr/shlib/libc.so
Error accessing memory address 0x10: Invalid argument.

I have built apache with MPM as worker.

I have written small test program which uses this Apache APIs. This is my
small test program: test.cxx

extern "C"{
#include "httpd.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "http_protocol.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "util_script.h"
#include "http_main.h"
#include "http_request.h"
}

static int test_handler(request_rec *r)
{
  int result = 500;
return 1;
}
static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p) {
    ap_hook_handler(test_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}

extern "C"{
module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA server_module = {
    STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
    NULL,                     /* per-directory config creator */
    NULL,                     /* dir config merger */
    NULL,                     /* server config creator */
    NULL,                     /* server config merger */
    NULL,                     /* command table */
    register_hooks, /* set up other request processing hooks */
};
}

This small test program test.cxx creates test.so
While creating this shared library I link with "-lpthread -lm -lexc" ( all
these are OS libraries ) apart from Apache shared libraries. Apache was
started. When I opened from webbrowser "localhost:80" "I am getting internal
error" and does not open the home page of Apache.  When  again I relink with
"-lpthread -lm -lexc -lrt" this time Apache does not start ( because of
"lrt" library) and failing at the same point as mentioned in the above
trace. I did not understand how this linking is  making this difference for
apache to start. I am working on Tru64 4.OG and 5.1A.  I have tested with
both C and C++ code.
I have seen same behavior.

What could be the problem. Any solution to this. Any help is very much
appreciated/

Thanks,
GS