httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: rfc: new API to traverse filter chains
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:33:45 GMT
* Stas Bekman wrote:

> Here is the API and implementation that I came up with (it needs the docco and
> the standard DECLARE stuff, which I ask to disregard for now and concentrate
> on the API/implementation itself; once it's polished I'll post a complete patch).

<snip>

looks ok for me after a first review.

> I'm not sure regarding the chain argument. Looking at the util_filter.c, it
> looks in proto_ and normal chain. Could there be a problem on the caller side?
> Won't it be enough to use one of r->output_filters, c->output_filters,
> r->input_filters, c->input_filters if all I care is the custom filters?

custom filters can be of any type (including protocol), so you need to
traverse over all. (Hope I understood your question correctly :). Since
mod_perl is based on HTTP requests (? not sure, at this point, I'm no
mod_perl guru) it needs to start with r->output_filters.

nd
--
>I have tried using ErrorDocument 401, but doesn't work.
Oh dear.  What does it do - lounge around on the couch all day drinking
beer and watching TV?            -- "Kash" und Alan J. Flavell in ciwsu