httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:00:25 GMT
* jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

>   +      jerenkrantz asks: Do we even need subreq_core_filter anymore?

Yes. Otherwise we inject an EOS for every (run) subrequest into the main
data stream.

> I'm sort
> of confused on the interaction.  subreq_core_filter
> should probably be the top-most output filter and it
> will have to eat the EOS (then return).  Is it?

Ah, hmm. No. The subreq_core_filter is type CONTENT_SET. It's not intended
to be the topmost filter. Ressource filters have to run before and may take
the EOS as end marker - subrequest or not.

The filter system should be considered for redesign anyway in a form that
the subreq_core filter acts as data link between the subrequest and the
caller. Given that figure:

main stream
---------------------------,----------->
                          /
subreq stream            /
------------------------x subreq_core_filter

The subrequests should get their own filter stack. And the subreq core
filter is the bottommost (!) within the subreq stack and redirects the data
back to the main stream (filtering out the EOS buckets).
At the moment any changes in the filter stack from within a subreq will
have effect on the main filter stack, which is not so really cool.

Anyway, the proposed bugfix supports the latter behaviour. In 2.0 there's
no redesign expected, so it needs to be backported :)

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)