httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: The announcement has flown...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:12:05 GMT

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> So our rewrite rules apply to only one specific version?  Can someone
> please update that rewrite rule from s/\.44/\.45/ so that the .45 downloads
> become auto-mirrored, effective now?

There are no "auto-mirror" rewrite rules.  For a period of time we had
some simple redirects sending requests over to nagoya, but those never
touched our full mirror system.  We don't do such auto-redirecting because
it would decieve the downloader about where they are downloading from, and
therefore they would be less likely to take appropriate measures to verify
downloads from untrusted mirrors.

The canonical place to point for downloads is the download cgi script.
That is the way people are directed to mirrors.

Next time...

Joshua.