httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: segfaulting in proxy land today
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:26:52 GMT
At 05:04 PM 4/16/2003, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>I only wonder if we also assume that CGI Scripts, ISAPIs and non-module
>>content generators also behave nicely?
>
>Yes, in this case, because the worst that they could do is screw over
>caching of their own resources, and there are easier ways to do that.

Good, so we can create the Date: header if it wasn't already provided
in the handler.

That doesn't answer the question of Server: which should be passed from
any 'proxy' application (e.g. mod_proxy, or a proxy written in cgi or Java)
based on the origin server's response.  Am I reading the RFC correctly,
with respect to Server:?

Bill