httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: ap_invoke_filter_init is not called for non-request filters
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 05:28:55 GMT
At 06:39 PM 4/7/2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>--On Monday, April 7, 2003 6:17 PM +1000 Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>>
>>>It seems that filter_init is called only for http request filters:
>>>
>>>./server/config.c:    result = ap_invoke_filter_init(r->input_filters);
>>>./server/config.c:    result = ap_invoke_filter_init(r->output_filters);
>>>
>>>what about the rest of the ap_filter_type types?
>>
>>I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question.  It would be appreciated if you could
provide an example or some context rather than assuming that we can read your mind.  (I failed
Mind-Reading 101.)
>>By the time ap_invoke_handler is called, all filters that would be used in this request
are in either input_filters or output_filters.
>>I have a hunch that you aren't realizing that connection filters are in the r->input_filters/r->output_filters
list.

>The punch line is that filters aren't only request oriented.
>
>What I'm saying is that currently only filters that process HTTP protocol get a chance
to run filter_init. If a non-HTTP protocol is run (there is no 'r'), the filter_init function
will be ignored. Am I more clear now?

Aren't you really looking for  ap_hook_pre_connection()?

Bill