httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/loggers mod_log_config.c
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:04:58 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * trawick@apache.org wrote:
>

>>  mod_log_config: Add the ability to log the id of the thread
>>  processing the request (%I).
>

> %I is already used by mod_logio...

oh, shoot :(  (not the messenger, though)

now I see that at least the doc of mod_log_config mentions that, but as
those were the only entries not in alphabetical order I didn't see them

looks like the available chars are really:

cdEFGjJkKLMNQRSwWxyYzZ

but hey, what if we forget having a separate format for thread id and
instead extend the process id formatting like this?

%...P           process id only              12345
%...{pid}P      process id only              12345
%...{tid}P      thread id only               14002
%...{pid+tid}P  process id and thread id     12345/14002

Is this an improvement?