httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jess M. Holle" <>
Subject Re: mod_auth_ldap on Windows...
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:36:37 GMT
Well, unfortunately I was in a hurry so I don't know what did the trick,
but updating to MSVC++ 6.0 SP 5 and the latest core platform SDK (and
putting it's include and lib directories in front of MSVC++'s) fixed my
mod_auth_ldap troubles.  The and that I'm
now building work just fine.  Thus I think it's safe to say that keeping
abreast of both MSVC++ service packs and MS PSDK updates is recommended
and at least one of these is required for proper util_ldap/mod_auth_ldap

I rebuilt OpenSSL (0.9.7b) and mod_jk (1.2.2) with the new MSVC++ and MS
PSDK as well -- which got rid of some of the compiler warnings I'd been
seeing (as my old compiler did not recognize /Ob2), but this did not
address bug #'s 16375, 17055, and 17701 -- which all have to do with
Apache crashing on shutdown on Windows if an HTTPS request was served
during the last server uptime.  I even threw in a -NDEBUG in the
ntdll.mak to make doubly sure no debug refs fell through the cracks --
though OpenSSL builds non-debug by default and I'd not had any issues
with 0.9.6h and 2.0.43.

This HTTPS-specific failure is really bugging me as it just gives an
overall impression of instability -- though the resulting build works
fine for me as long as LogLevel verbosity is error or less.

Jess Holle

P.S.  Would you be the right person to get a send buffer addition made
to win32/sockopt.c?  See attached file (based on 2.0.45 sources -- sorry
it's in full not diff format...)  Basically APR does not support normal
adjustment of the socket send buffer size on Windows -- which appears to
simply be an oversight.  This can make a substantive difference in
performance in cases.

View raw message