httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: ap_invoke_filter_init is not called for non-request filters
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:15:13 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> It seems that filter_init is called only for http request filters:
>
> ./server/config.c:    result = ap_invoke_filter_init(r->input_filters);
> ./server/config.c:    result = ap_invoke_filter_init(r->output_filters);
>
> what about the rest of the ap_filter_type types?

I suspect that this is because filter_init was originally implemented to
work around conditional GET issues with output filters - I'm not sure that
the hook makes sense for the other filter types, but I haven't played around
with them as much.

maybe the guys work worked out the logic here can shed some more light - the
one thread that I know of that discusses the issues ends with an offline IRC
discussion

HTH

--Geoff