httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Antw: win32 piped logs really broken in 2.0.45
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:41:22 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 01:29 PM 4/4/2003, Spinka, Kristofer wrote:
>
>> Are you running Apache as a service?  If so, and you are still having
>>this problem, we have to do some CreateProcess tricks to keep the console
>>window from being visible on the current Window Station.
>

> Unless you are doing pphrase tricks, you shouldn't create the Apache
> service to 'interact with desktop'.  By default Apache installs itself
> non-interactive.
>
> If it can still interact, you have some really weird permissions mojo
> going on in that box.

Hey Bill, can you elaborate on that? Ever since I installed a recent
version
of cygwin, I have indeed encountered weird permission problems.  I expect
there is a way to completely disable cygwin permissions. I don't understand
how that could cause rotatelog consoles to pop up. Oh, in case I wasn;t
clear before, piped logging is working now that I frobbed the access
protection of the log directory, but I still get the rotatelogs console.

Bill