httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: prototype for worker graceful *shutdown*
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:38:43 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> SIGUSR2?

i considered that.  unfortunately, i think it is less than
universal in its presence on all our platforms.  maybe
SIGSTOP?  its canonical interactive use is obviated by
being in a daemon environment.. except i think that would
be problematic when debugging interactively.

> SIGINT should definitely not be used.  -- justin

why not?  there are precedents; named, for example.  i couldn't
see any place we're using ourselves; did i miss something?
or is it the same problem with interactive debuggined processing
and not having an instant shutdown on ctrl/c?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"