httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Kohli" <rahul_ko...@infosys.com>
Subject Error Message "Can't locate API module structure"
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:59:49 GMT
Hi,

I am having an application that is integrated with Apache 1.3.27 web server on HP 11. I have
enabled apache for SSL with mod ssl version mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27 and open ssl openssl-0.9.6g.

I have added certain LoadModule directives to load the libraries from my application. Now
I am facing strange situation that the Apache function "shl_findsym"  invoked for ap_os_dso_sym
() [File os.c] return status 0 (success) for one particular library. For my second library
that uses the symbols from libssl.so of Apache, the function "shl_findsym" is returning status
value -1 (error). As a result the library is not loaded and the error message "Can't locate
API module structure " is printed on the console.

What can be the reason for not being able to load a particular shared library. Do I need to
some thing extra to make this work.

Thanks,
> Rahul Kohli

-----Original Message-----
From: MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) [mailto:madhum@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 7:49 PM
To: Rahul Kohli
Subject: RE: Apache Error on Start

The solution I posted on dev@httpd was generic to Apache 1.3.x and 2.x.

As regards the go/webserver, we do have a 1.3.x version of Apache out there,
but it's scheduled to go away soon (July 2003). We're trying to ask our
customers to move to Apache 2.x (better, faster, reliable, more features
etc)

We'd like to know more about your product, how is Apache used in your
product and more details like that, and the possibilities of migrating to
Apache 2.x. We even have a Apache 1.3.x to Apache 2.x migration guide
available on the website (if you're interested)

-Madhu