httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Kohli" <rahul_ko...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Apache Error on Start
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:50:59 GMT
Hi Madhu,

Regarding the value of SHLIB_PATH the library mod_smcertenv is using the functions defined
in libssl.so
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so

Do I need export the path of this library explicitly before starting apache http server.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) [mailto:madhum@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 7:24 PM
To: 'dev@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Apache Error on Start

[SNIP]
> Can't locate API module structure `sm_certenv' in file
> /home/agent4x/app/lib/mod_smcertenv.sl: Error 0
> ./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Looks like a problem on HP-UX. Please confirm if it is not.

> I checked the source code it does have this function defined
> with declaration of the type extern "C" module sm_certenv
> Kindly suggest what may be the reason for this error.

Does mod_smcertenv.sl link with other .sl libraries ?.
If yes, do the following :
- chatr +s enable +b enable bin/httpd
- chatr +s enable +b enable mod_smcertenv.sl
- export
SHLIB_PATH=/path/to/libraries/linked/with/mod_smcertenv:/path/to/apache/lib
- start apache

I don't believe the problem is related to Apache (it's more OS dependent),
and might be better answered in users@httpd

-Madhu