httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: SUCCESS: RE: [users@httpd] unable to build apache binary on either linux or solaris
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:27:52 GMT
--On Friday, April 11, 2003 7:16 PM +0200 Eugen Leitl <el@infochem.de> wrote:

> I've verified for both Linux and Solaris (details see below) that
>
> 	cp config.layout srclib/apr
> and
> 	cp config.layout srclib/apr-util/ (I think this alone is sufficient)
>
> in root directory of the source tarball prior to
> invoking
>
> 	./build/binbuild.sh
>
> results in a successful (though I haven't tested both binaries
> for functionality yet) build. Maybe this can be fixed in
> forthcoming Apache versions?

You really wanted to go here first:

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.0.45/

Jeff Trawick spotted this problem right after we rolled - the fix was
available before we announced.  Just follow the directions and use
layout.patch.  And, it's already been fixed properly in CVS (in a slightly
different manner than layout.patch).

FWIW, your solution is wrong, but it just happens to work.  =)  -- justin