httpd-dev mailing list archives

From anatoly yakovenko <aeyakove...@yahoo.com>
Subject Removing head of queue blocking in httpd
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 02:19:39 GMT
Hello,

I am currently working on a research project at U of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to build a controler for
the Apache webserver that can garantee quality of
service for certain clients.  My specific part in the
project is to remove head of queue blocking.  I want
to be able to process a bunch of http requests in
parallel, then reorder them in the order they arrived
and send them to client.

I am using the 2.0.45 source.  My brute approach was
to put each request on a seperate thread which would
call ap_process_request. I got tons of seg faults.
Although the child was restarted really fast, thats
not what i am looking for.  I figured out to strip out
most of the loging stuff, but i still get a lot of seg
faults.  Can someone give me an idea of what inside
ap_process_request could cause race conditions?

I am also trying to run some test to show that while
there are requests pending, the cpu is not utilized.
I need to be able to peek if ap_read_request will
return anything or not, but without pulling the
request.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated, even "look at
the code stuipd" ;).

Thanks,
Anatoly Yakovenko