httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn <gs-apache-...@gluelogic.com>
Subject Re: ap_get_client_block blocks in Apache 1.3
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:10:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:15:39PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Dimitri Rebrikov wrote:
>
> >We have problems with broken POST-Requests that our Partner sends to us.
> >They are using the Software wrote by they own.(Not a Web-Browser).
> >We are using Apache, mod_ssl/openssl, mod_jk, Tomcat und servlets to
> >Process they
> >Requests. The POST-Requests they sends have from time to time too big
> >Content-Length
> >declaration that the Requests' Bodies real have.
>
> That's extremely broken - get your partner to fix their software, as it
> won't work properly with any webserver, not just apache.

I concur: extremely broken.

Notwithstanding that, mod_jk should be setting ap_hard_timeout()
(or ap_soft_timeout()) before calling ap_get_client_block(), just
like mod_cgi does.  Anything that might block indefinitely should
have an alarm set around it.

(But please do not put an alarm in ap_get_client_block();
I set the socket to nonblocking when the input is not chunked
and it would really bite to have the unnecessary alarm overhead.)

Cheers,
Glenn