httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Error Message "Can't locate API module structure"
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:47:53 GMT
Rahul,
	PRIVATE mails are meant to be private, unless both the parties agree
to take the discussion to a public forum. Let me know if you don't know what
that means.

[SNIP]

>I have added certain LoadModule directives to load the
>libraries from my application. Now I am facing strange
>situation that the Apache function "shl_findsym"  invoked for
>ap_os_dso_sym () [File os.c] return status 0 (success) for one
>particular library. For my second library that uses the
>symbols from libssl.so of Apache, the function "shl_findsym"
>is returning status value -1 (error). As a result the library
>is not loaded and the error message "Can't locate API module
>structure " is printed on the console.

Couple of quick-fixes :
1. Check the order of your LoadModule. You may want to load the ssl module
ahead of your module
2. Use LD_PRELOAD to pre-load the libssl.so (export
LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libexec/libssl.so), before starting Apache
3. If you have a hard dependency (i.e., link to libssl.so on your linkline),
make sure you "chatr +s enable your_module httpd", and set the SHLIB_PATH
(to /path/to/libssl.so) before you start apache.

-Madhu