httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Andre Schild" <>
Subject APR SSLMutex win32 2.0.45 RC1
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:31:13 GMT

I did some investigations on this message and found the following:

Using SSLMutex default results in no-filename for the mutex.
    In the comments to this, there it stays:
    mc->szMutexFile = NULL; /* APR determines temporary filename */

According to the apr documentation (and the win32 implementation it
 * @param fname A file name to use if the lock mechanism requires one.
 *        argument should always be provided.  The lock code itself
 *        determine if it should be used.

As for a solution to this problems my suggestions:

We should initialize the mutexfilename with something "unique" in

Instead of:
    mc->szMutexFile = NULL; /* APR determines temporary filename */

  mc->szMutexFile = apr_psprintf(mc->pPool, "%s.%lu",
           "Apache_OPENSSLMutex", (unsigned long)getpid());

The win32 implementations of apr_proc_mutex_create and
don't generate a error or print a warning when the (required)
fname is NULL.
Would be nice if the APR notified this as an error......

>>> 25.03.2003 23:39:17 >>>
William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:

>At 02:20 PM 3/25/2003, André Schild wrote:
>>William A. Rowe, Jr. schrieb:
>>>Apache 2.0 testers,
>>>can you please help move forward the next HTTPD release by
>>>checking out httpd-2.0 from the WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 tag?
>>The SSLMutex always creates this message in the error log on the
first access
>>with a HTTPS request:
>>[Tue Mar 25 21:04:55 2003] [warn] (OS 123)Die Syntax für den
Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch.
 : Cannot reinit SSLMutex
>I got the message from it's number (thank goodness we finally group
>these by 'role') - and I'm diagnosing now.
There is a small error in my previous mail.
Of course I use the

SSLMutex default

config entry, as on win32 you only have the choice between none and

I'm using openssl 0.9.7a and MS dev studio 6.0

View raw message