httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:58:44 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 05:42 AM 3/27/2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>nd@apache.org wrote:
>>>nd          2003/03/26 17:10:59
>>>  Modified:    .        Tag: APACHE_2_0_BRANCH STATUS
>>>  Log:
>>>  I consider these important enough to treat them as showstoppers.
>>
>>>   RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>>>
>>>  +    * Forward port: Escape special characters (especially control
>>>  +      characters) in mod_log_config to make a clear distinction between
>>>  +      client-supplied strings (with special characters) and server-side
>>>  +      strings. This was already introduced in version 1.3.25.
>>>
>>>  +    * Fix mod_rewrite's path handling. It's essentially broken for non-unices
>>>  +      for ages. PR 12902.
>>
>> alternative opinion: neither of these are showstoppers...  not a security
>> problem, not new breakage compared with previous release, instead something
>> that has been working that way for ages and will not be an unpleasant
>> surprise to anyone
>
> I agree that neither are regressions so neither is a valid showstopper this
> late into an announced release plan.  If someone wants to +1 that first patch
> I don't have a problem adopting it, but I'm not in a rush to do so.
>
> The second was +1'ed by yourself and Brad, so I'm giving you a provisional
> +1 for 2.0.45 based on my first review, and will run the complete regressions
> once you've committed to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.  But I won't hold the
> release any longer unless we find regressions.  I see one potential issue
> in cgid on sparc/solaris, and I need to determine this is not a regression
> before I can bless with a tarball.

Well, then I'll re-move the first one down to the other backports and put
the rewrite thing in. If there are problems with the patch, I'm ready for
reverting it.

Thanks, nd
--
> [...] weiß jemand zufällig, was der Tag DIV ausgeschrieben bedeutet?
DIVerses. Benannt nach all dem unstrukturierten Zeug, was die Leute da
so reinpacken und dann absolut positionieren ...
                           -- Florian Hartig und Lars Kasper in dciwam