httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite is broken
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:02:01 GMT
* Brad Nicholes wrote:

> After looking into this a little further, it appears that mod_rewrite is
> broken in the 2.0 tree but fixed in 2.1.  The prefix_stat() function in
> the  2.0 version expects the path to start with a '/' which is not only
> false on NetWare but Windows and OS/2 as well.  Since a NetWare path
> does not start with a '/', this function fails and causes mod_rewrite to
> prepend the document root in error.  This has been fix in the 2.1
> version and should probably be backported before 2.0.45 is tagged.
> Somebody who knows more about the changes that have been made recently
> to mod_rewrite in the 2.1 tree should probably make the decision on what
> should be back ported.

ah yeah, it's already proposed (see status file), but it seems, the changes
are too much for a short time review... ;-)

Btw: it's broken on every non-unix and it's not only prefix_stat (again,
see status file for rev.#). I'd be very happy to get this into the current
stables (1.3 too).

Wenn nur Ingenieure mit Diplom programmieren würden, hätten wir
wahrscheinlich weniger schlechte Software.
Wir hätten allerdings auch weniger gute Software.
                                   -- Felix von Leitner in dasr

View raw message