httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/arch/win32 mod_win32.c
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:26:16 GMT
* Jeff White wrote:

> Usage with the built-in Windows Scripting Engine by
> some Apache on Windows web servers, using the
> built-in scripting languages, is now doable via tricking
> the Apache on Windows web server. Tricking the server
> with a fake file, that uses the "pain" Unix based # way
> (or with an option that also turns on everything else at
> the same time) - ScriptInterpreterSource.

You may want to try ScriptInterpreterSource registry-strict.
This uses the ExecCGI\Command key instead of Open\Command.

> But isn't it
> possible to also check for // (two slashes for JScript
> usage) or for a ' (a single quote for VBScript usage)
> during the Apache on Windows script usage routine?

#! is not a real comment (just to be clear). However, the windows way to
recognize the interpreter is "query the registry". That's what
ScriptInterpreterSource is intended for. I cannot see any reason to
recognize other chars than (BOM)#! at the start of the script (which is
done _only_ for some unix-compat reasons).

nd
--
"Die Untergeschosse der Sempergalerie bleiben währenddessen aus
 statistischen Gründen geflutet." -- Spiegel Online