httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Trevor Hurst <t...@sgi.com>
Subject auth_ldap questions..
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:44:42 GMT

As advised, I checked the source file located in my 2.0.44
build tree and found the following in util_ldap.c :

#ifdef APU_HAS_LDAP_NETSCAPE_SSL
    AP_INIT_TAKE1("LDAPCertDBPath", util_ldap_set_certdbpath, NULL,
RSRC_CONF,
                  "Specifies the file containing Certificate Authority
certificates "
                  "for validating secure LDAP server certificates. This
file must be the "
                  "cert7.db database used by Netscape Communicator"),
#endif

So, I've added this entry to the very bottom of my httpd.conf file:

LDAPCertDBPath /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/cert7.db

..and I'm still getting the following error in my error_log file
when attempting to authenticate:

[Thu Mar 13 15:39:32 2003] [warn] [client 192.26.74.32] [1718235]
auth_ldap authenticate: user 25358 authentication failed; URI /secure
[secure LDAP requested, but no CA cert defined][Unknown error]

Am I missing another directive/entry? I don't see any other directives
listed near the tail of the util_ldap.c source that would point to
a Certificate (Netscape oriented).

Am I missing something or putting the directive in the wrong location?

Thanks for your help.

-- Trev