httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: anybody using Sun's compiler and getting libthread referenced by executables but not libpthread?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:49:44 GMT
--On Monday, March 31, 2003 14:59:17 -0500 Jeff Trawick
<trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm using Sun WorkShop 5.0 sometimes, and these builds result in
> executables like httpd referencing libthread but not libpthread. We pass
> cc the -mt switch, but at least with this version that switch isn't
> enough to pull in libpthread.  Can anybody confirm that with a more
> recent Sun compiler APR apps are getting libpthread?

Can you please send the relevant config for mod_ext_filter?

I know that WS 5.0 is *really* out-of-date.  You also need to make sure
that you've applied all of the 5.x updates (as well as OS updates).  ISTR
we had problems before with 5.0 that disappeared when we applied all of the
patches for both the OS and compiler/linker.

I believe that the -lpthread doesn't matter due to the way Solaris's thread
libraries are implemented.  It'd map to the same function call.  -- justin