httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:58:02 GMT
At 05:42 AM 3/27/2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>nd@apache.org wrote:
>>nd          2003/03/26 17:10:59
>>  Modified:    .        Tag: APACHE_2_0_BRANCH STATUS
>>  Log:
>>  I consider these important enough to treat them as showstoppers.
>
>>   RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>>
>>  +    * Forward port: Escape special characters (especially control
>>  +      characters) in mod_log_config to make a clear distinction between
>>  +      client-supplied strings (with special characters) and server-side
>>  +      strings. This was already introduced in version 1.3.25.
>>
>>  +    * Fix mod_rewrite's path handling. It's essentially broken for non-unices
>>  +      for ages. PR 12902.
>
>alternative opinion: neither of these are showstoppers...  not a security problem, not
new breakage compared with previous release, instead something that has been working that
way for ages and will not be an unpleasant surprise to anyone

I agree that neither are regressions so neither is a valid showstopper this
late into an announced release plan.  If someone wants to +1 that first patch
I don't have a problem adopting it, but I'm not in a rush to do so.

The second was +1'ed by yourself and Brad, so I'm giving you a provisional
+1 for 2.0.45 based on my first review, and will run the complete regressions
once you've committed to APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.  But I won't hold the
release any longer unless we find regressions.  I see one potential issue
in cgid on sparc/solaris, and I need to determine this is not a regression
before I can bless with a tarball.

Bill