httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Adding a rpm spec file to httpd v2.0
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:21:23 GMT
At 03:29 AM 3/27/2003, Graham Leggett wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Finally an answer I can contribute to from Win32's perspective ;-)
>>We extract the version into all compiled binaries by invoking build/win32ver.awk,
>>with a command such as;
>>awk -f ./build/win32/win32ver.awk libhttpd.dll "Apache HTTP Server Core"  ./include/ap_release.h
> .\build\win32\libhttpd.rc
>>Feel free to look at win32ver.awk as to how we extract the version from
>>ap_release.h.
>
>When is this done though?

It's a dependency of each library, e.g. the example above is a dependency
for building libhttpd.dll.  I actually do a full build locally, export makefiles,
and then copy all of the generated .rc, .mak and .dep files from that full
build tree into a clean distribution tree for release .zip files.

>Ideally I would like to set up httpd.spec when buildconf is run, I assume that somewhere
in buildconf the version number is embedded somewhere. Can you give me more details as to
where this is done?

You can't really create the .spec until all the targets are determined, can you?
That would mean waiting for ./configure.  If you wanted to hack something to
the source tarball as part of ./buildconf, seems like a simple enough patch.