httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Testers; Apache 2.0 release candidate is tagged
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:19:49 GMT
Apache 2.0 testers,

  can you please help move forward the next HTTPD release by
checking out httpd-2.0 from the WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 tag?  This
should look something like;

cvs -d login
[password is "anonymous" without the quotes]

cvs -d co -r WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 httpd-2.0

cd srclib
cvs -d co -r WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 apr
cvs -d co -r WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 apr-util

Win32 users also need our apr-iconv port checked out into srclib;
cvs -d co -r WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 apr-iconv

  You will need to invoke ./buildconf yourself in the httpd-2.0 directory you just
checked out before you can invoke ./configure.  Win32 Visual Studio 5.0 users
will need to build from the IDE, users of Visual Studio 6.0 can build from the
command line per
- and we will not be preparing binary builds of this candidate, only of the final
release immediately prior to posting it on the /dist/httpd/binaries/ site.

  The WROWE_2_0_45_RC1 tag was applied to the apr, apr-util,
and apr-iconv, but it corresponds exactly to APR_0_9_2.  We have
two build specific patches on apr since 0.9.2 was tagged and rolled,
but we will probably release httpd 2.0.45 with the 0.9.2 apr release
unless folks encounter significant problems.

  If you do encounter problems building apr, you can move to the very
latest changes, change to the srclib/apr directory and cvs up -A
to move beyond the tag to the current code.  Remember to ./buildconf
again in the root directory of your httpd-2.0 checkout.

  If we do encounter enough problems to warrent going with apr's
cvs HEAD - we will call a release 0.9.3 so that everything stays
in sync.

  Thanks for participating in testing this candidate, as we look forward
to releasing the Apache 2.0.45 this week.

View raw message